Posted: Nov 08, 2018
(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) - The 31-3 Thomas More University women's volleyball team is set to take on Pitt-Bradford in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament, Friday, Nov. 9, 2018.
- The Thomas More Saints come into the tournament fresh off an ACAA Championship and ranked No. 7 in the nation.
- Thomas More has faced seven nationally ranked opponents this season, including the 3-2 victory over the No. 1-ranked Calvin.
- Head Coach John Spinney was named Great Lakes Coach of the Year.
- First-year Emily Mohs was named Great Lakes Freshman of the Year and named to the Great Lakes All-Region team alongside junior Jenna Mummert.
- senior Jenna Fessler and sophomore Jessica Ginn were named Great Lakes Honorable Mention.
- The Saints have recorded 1,777 kills, 1,634 assists, 240 service aces, 2,276 digs, and 242 blocks this season.
- Mohs leads the team with 414 kills, along with four assists, 51 digs, and 72 blocks.
- Ginn holds the team high of 619 digs, along with 52 assists, and three kills.
- Fessler leads the team with 1,136 assists, along with 67 kills, 46 service aces, 243 digs, and 34 blocks.
- The Panthers come into the tournament 20-12 overall, coming off a 3-2 victory over Penn St. Behrend for the AMCC Championship.
- Pitt-Bradford has recorded 1,383 kills, 1,281 assists, 199 service aces, 2,262 digs, and 237 blocks.
- Two Panthers are in the 300's in kills, Riley Anderson leading the team with 388 and Emily Cleveland a close second with 355.
- Payton Orzech leads the team with 1,029 assists.
- Laura Hildebrand holds the team high with 617 digs.
- Live stats for the NCAA Tournament can be found here.
- Live video for the NCAA Tournament can be found here.
- Follow along all season long with the team on Twitter (@ThomasMore_WVB), Instagram (@thomasmore_vb), and Facebook (Thomas More Volleyball)
- Follow all of the Saints' sports on social media on Twitter and Instagram (@tmusaints) and Facebook (Thomas More Saints)