(ATLANTA, Ga.) - The Thomas More University's women's volleyball team bounced back from going 1-1 on day one of the Emory National Invitational Tournament to go 2-0 on the final day, defeating Salem and Washington & Lee. With the wins, the Saints finish their regular season 29-3 overall.
- The Saints took down Salem in three sets, winning by scores of 15-18, 15-9, 15-13.
- First-year Julia Popova led the Saints with 12 kills, along with one dig and two blocks.
- Jenna Mummert was a close second, recording 11 kills, along with two service aces and four digs.
- Senior Jenna Fessler led the game with 28 assists, along with three kills, one service ace, two blocks, and three digs.
- Sophomore Jessica Ginn led the game with 13 digs, along with one service ace while Hannah Just put up 11 of her own.
- Madison Krumpelman recorded seven kills along with two assists, two service aces, six digs, and one block.
- Sara Crooker put up six digs, one kill, and one service ace.
- The Saints had the advantage in kills, 44-13, assists, 42-11, and digs, 47-40.
- Thomas More finished the game hitting .227 to Salem's .000.
WASHINGTON & LEE
- Thomas More took down Washington & Lee in game two of the day, wrapping up its regular season with a 3-1 win.
- The Saints won a close, hard-fought game by scores of 26-28, 25-23, 25-20, 25-21.
- The Saints had four different players in double-digits for kills, with Carlee Lambert leading the way with 16, Popova and Krumpelman each with 12, and Mummert with 11.
- Krumpelman also recorded two assists, two service aces, 20 digs, and one block.
- Mummert also put up one assist, three digs, and one block.
- The Saints also had four players in double-digits for digs, with Ginn leading the way with 23, Krumpelman not far behind with 20, Crooker with 12, and Just with 10.
- Fessler led the game with 49 assists, along with three kills, two service aces, eight digs, and one block.
- The Saints had the advantage in kills, 58-56 and assists, 55-51.
- With the regular season being concluded, the Saints begin their post-season play competing in the ACAA Conference Tournament Nov. 3/4.
- The tournament takes place in Delhi, N.Y.
- The Saints will face SUNY Delhi on Nov. 3 at 4 p.m. for the ACAA Championship Semifinals and will compete in the ACAA Championship Finals, if the team advances, on Nov. 4 at 12:00 p.m.