(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) - The No.5-ranked, 26-2 overall Thomas More University women's volleyball team hits the road to wrap up its regular season competing in the Emory National Invitaional Tournament Oct. 26 and 27.
Friday, Oct. 26
11:00 am – Oglethorpe vs. Salem (Ct. 2)
12:30 pm – Thomas More vs. Randolph-Macon (Ct. 1) Video Live Stats
1:00 pm – Oglethorpe vs. Washington and Lee (Ct. 2)
3:00 pm – Emory vs. Salem (Ct. 1)
3:00 pm – Birmingham Southern vs. Thomas More (Ct. 2) Live Stats
5:00 pm – Washington and Lee vs. Birmingham Southern (Ct. 1)
7:00 pm – Emory vs. Randolph-Macon (Ct. 1)
Saturday, Oct. 27
10:30 am – Emory vs. Washington and Lee (Ct. 1)
10:30 am – Salem vs. Thomas More (Ct. 2) Live Stats
12:30 pm – Randolph-Macon vs. Birmingham Southern (Ct. 1)
12:30 pm – Washington and Lee vs. Thomas More (Ct. 2) Live Stats
3:00 pm – Emory vs. Birmingham Southern (Ct. 1)
3:00 pm – Randolph-Macon vs. Salem (Ct. 2)
- Thomas More heads south to Emory to compete in the Emory National Invitational Tournament.
- The Saints will face off against Randolph-Macon, Birmingham-Southern, Salem, and Washington & Lee.
- The Saints took down the Cougars 3-0 with scores of 25-10, 25-14, 25-9.
- With the win, the Saints improved to 26-2 overall.
- Senior Jenna Fessler (Fort Mitchell, Ky. / Beechwood) recorded the game high of 31 assists, along with hitting 1.000 with three kills and four digs.
- Fessler had all but four assists tonight out of the teams total of 35.
- Senior Kasey Niesen (Cincinnati, Ohio / Roger Bacon) put up six digs.
- Jenna Mummert led the game with six kills, along with one service ace, one dig, and one block.
- Julia Popova was a close second with five kills, along with one dig.
- Carlee Lambert threw down four kills.
- Four Saints recorded three kills each, first-year Abby Shutte (Cincinnati, Ohio / Oak Hills), junior Madison Krumpelman (Crestview Hills, Ky. / Holy Cross), sophomore Gabbie Kayse (Cincinnati, Ohio / Seton), and Fessler.
- Sophomore Jessica Ginn (Cincinnati, Ohio / Seton) recorded 16 digs along with two assists.
- The Saints had 19 different players see the floor against the Cougars.
- Randolph-Macon comes into this weekend 17-7 overall, coming off a 3-0 victory against Hollins.
- The Yellow Jackets have recorded 1,057 kills, 981 assists, 1,465 digs, 178 blocks, and 151 service aces.
- Miranda Hall leads the team with 257 kills.
- Angela Tender has the team high of 598 assists.
- Mackenzie Loewe leads the team with 296 digs.
- Birmingham-Southern comes into this weekend 19-5 overall, coming off a 3-0 win against Berry and currently on a 12-game win streak.
- The Panthers have recorded 1,117 kills, 1,038 assists, 1,570 digs, 155 blocks, and 155 service aces.
- The Panthers are lead by Jeneva Salter with 268 kills.
- Ansleigh Dailey holds the team high of 563 assists.
- Caroline Johnson leads the team with 459 digs.
- Salem comes into this weekend sitting at .500 with a 12-12 overall record and coming off a 3-2 win over Pfeiffer.
- The Spirits have recorded 967 kills, 868 assists, 1,614 digs, 149 blocks, and 126 service aces.
- Taylor Moulton leads the team with 251 kills and a close second 291 digs.
- Hannah Delcamp holds the team high of 460 assists.
- Maggie Hawks leads the team with 304 digs.
WASHINGTON & LEE
- Washignton & Lee comes into this weekend 17-9 overall and coming off a 3-2 win against Randolph.
- The Generals have recorded 1,201 kills, 1,120 assists, 1,687 digs, 174 blocks, and 167 service aces.
- Meg Guignon leads the team with 256 kills.
- Anna Soroka holds the team high of 688 assists.
- Elly Cosgrove leads the team with 413 digs.
- Follow along all season long with all the sports through Thomas More's women's volleyball social media on Twitter (@ThomasMore_WVB), Instagram (@thomasmore_vb) and Facebook (Thomas More Volleyball).
- Follow along all season long with all the sports through Thomas More's athletic department on Twitter and Instagram (@tmusaints), and facebook (Thomas More Saints).
- The Saints begin their post-season play competing in the ACAA Conference Tournament Nov. 3/4.
- The tournament takes place in Delhi, N.Y.
- The Saints will face SUNY Delh on Nov. 3 at 4 p.m. for the ACAA Championship Semifinals and will compete in the ACAA Championship Finals, if the team advances, on Nov. 4 at 12:00 p.m.