(WESTERVILLE, Ohio) – The fifth-ranked Thomas More University women's volleyball team went 2-0 today (Saturday, October 20, 2018) at the Otterbein University tri-match at the Rike Center in Westerville, Ohio. The Saints defeated Muskingum University, 3-1, and Otterbein, 3-1, to improve to 25-2 on the season.
- Thomas More won the match by the scores of 22-25, 25-15, 25-13, 25-19.
- Junior middle hitter Jenna Mummert (Batavia, Ohio/Clermont Northeastern) hit .409 with 10 kills and three service aces.
- First-year outside hitter Emily Mohs (Cincinnati, Ohio/Seton) tallied 18 kills and five blocks.
- Senior setter Jenna Fessler (Fort Mitchell, Ky./Beechwood) finished with 41 assists and 19 digs.
- Sophomore defensive specialist Jessica Ginn (Cincinnati, Ohio/Seton) tallied 19 digs.
- Junior outside hitter Sara Crooker (Williamsburg, Ohio/McNicholas) had three service aces and 14 digs.
- Junior outside hitter Madison Krumpelman (Crestview Hills, Ky./Holy Cross) finished with 14 digs.
- First-year middle hitter Julia Popova (Sofia, Bulgaria/Beechwood (Ky.)) had six blocks.
- Sophomore outside hitter Carlee Lambert (Cincinnati, Ohio/McAuley) added four blocks.
- The Saints defeated the host Cardinals by the scores of 25-16, 25-13, 20-25, 25-21.
- Mummert hit .429 with 12 kills and four service aces.
- Mohs hit .375 with 26 kills.
- Fessler paced the offense with 53 assists.
- Ginn led the team in digs with 19.
- Popova led the Saints' block party with six blocks.
- Junior right side Alli Borders (Florence, Ky./Boone County) finished with four blocks.
- Thomas More is scheduled to return to action on Wednesday (October 24) when it hosts University of Cincinnati – Clermont at 7 p.m. at the Connor Convocation Center in Crestview Hills, Kentucky.