Oct 19, 2018
(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) - The Thomas More University women's volleyball team returns home after competing in the 2018 Midwest Invitational hosted by No.1 Calvin.
- No. 5 Thomas More University women's volleyball team returns home after an exciting week to host Transylvania at 7 p.m. in the Connor Convocation Center.
- The 22-2, No. 5-ranked Thomas More University women's volleyball team is coming into today's game coming off a 3-1 record after the weekend tournament.
- The Saints went 1-1 on day one, taking down Susquehanna in three sets, then falling 3-1 to now-ranked No. 13 Hope in a tough matchup.
- The Saints came back strong on day two, going 2-0 on the day, defeating Elmhurst in three sets and taking that momentum to take down previously unbeaten No.1 Calvin, 3-2.
- Emily Mohs leads the Saints with 329 kills so far on the season and was named the AVCA National Player of the Week along with the ACAA Player of the Week this week.
- Mohs showed a dominant presence throughout the entire match ending the match with the game-high 36 kills, setting a new personal collegiate game-high record.
- In addition to the 36 kills, Mohs added five digs and three blocks.
- Jenna Fessler has recorded the team high of 763 assists.
- Jessica Ginn leads the team with 433 digs on the season.
- The Pioneers come into today's game 12-9 overall, coming off a 3-0 sweep over Franklin last night.
- Transylvania has recorded 909 kills, 852 assists, 88 service aces, and 1,282 digs so far this season.
- Jordan Horne leads the Pioneers with 251 kills.
- Hannah Talkers holds the team high of 659 assists, and is second on the team with 227 digs.
- Abby Wills leads the team with 320 digs.
- Follow along all season long with all the sports through Thomas More's women's volleyball social media on Twitter (@ThomasMore_WVB), Instagram (@thomasmore_vb) and Facebook (Thomas More Volleyball).
- Follow along all season long with all the sports through Thomas More's athletic department on Twitter and Instagram (@tmusaints), and facebook (Thomas More Saints).
- The Saints hit the road again to take on Muskingum and Otterbein on Oct. 20 for 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. matchups.
- Thomas More returns home for the final time this season on Oct. 24, hosting UC Clermont for Senior Night.
- Start time is scheduled for 7 p.m. in the Connor Convocation Center.