(BOWLING GREEN, Ky.) – The third-seeded Thomas More University women's soccer team shutout out sixth-seeded Georgetown College, 2-0, tonight (Thursday, November 7, 2019) in the quarterfinal round of the Mid-South Conference Tournament at Jim Ross Field in Bowling Green, Kentucky.
- Thomas More took a 1-0 lead at the 17:00 mark when junior defender Abby Hutcheson (Zanesville, Ohio/Bishop Rosecrans) scored off an assist from first-year defender Ryann Meddings (Fairfield, Ohio/Fairfield).
- Senior defender Megan Sheridan (Cincinnati, Ohio/Oak Hills) scored unassisted in the 28th minute to increase the lead to 2-0.
- Thomas More improves to 13-6.
- Georgetown ends the season at 7-11.
- The Saints out-shot the Tigers 10-7, including 5-3 on-goal.
- First-year goalkeeper Skylin Yates (Dry Ridge, Ky./Simon Kenton) earned the shutout win as she played all 90 minutes and had three saves.
- Senior forward Olivia Nienaber (Alexandria, Ky./Bishop Brossart) had two shots, including one on-goal.
- Senior forward Shaye Isaacs (Nicholasville, Ky./West Jessamine) took two shots, including one on-goal.
- The Saints advance to play second-seed the University of the Cumberlands in a semifinal match at 6 p.m. Eastern/5 p.m. Central in Bowling Green, Kentucky.