(CAMPBELLSVILLE, Ky.) – The Thomas More University women's soccer team earned its first road win of the season on Wednesday night (October 23, 2019) with a double overtime upset at Campbellsville University, which received votes in the latest NAIA poll released earlier today. First-year defender Ryann Meddings (Fairfield, Ohio/Fairfield) scored both goals for the Saints, the first two goals of her career.
- Meddings scored the game's first goal with a penalty kick in the 13th minute.
- With just under three minutes remaining in the second overtime period, Meddings lined up a free kick from over 25 yards away and fired it just under the crossbar in the top right corner to end the game.
- Thomas More improved to 11-6 overall and 4-3 in Mid-South Conference play.
- Campbellsville fell to 10-3 overall and 3-2 in the Mid-South.
- Thomas More outshot Campbellsville 16-11, and put nine shots on goal compared to seven for the Tigers.
- Meddings leads the team with 10 assists this season, but she had not scored a goal until tonight.
- Meddings, Haley Dougherty (Dry Ridge, Ky./Simon Kenton), and Jordan Harley (Cincinnati, Ohio/Mother of Mercy) each had two shots on goal for the Saints.
- First-year goalkeeper Skylin Yates (Dry Ridge, Ky./Simon Kenton) saved six of seven shots on goal to earn the win.
- The Saints will conclude their regular season with a home Mid-South game against Georgetown College on Wednesday, October 30, at 5 p.m.