Posted: Sep 11, 2019
(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) – The Thomas More women's soccer team exploded for eight goals, including five in the second half, to remain unbeaten at home with an 8-0 win over Manchester on Wednesday night (September 11, 2019) and improve to 5-1.
- First-year midfielder Emily Moreira started the scoring in the 12th minute when she finished a cross by junior Hannah Dargo.
- Sophomore Lindsey Brown followed with her first goal of the season in the 28th minute, assisted by Morgan Beare.
- Moreira scored her second of the game and third of the season less than two minutes later, assisted by Ali Whalen.
- First-year forward Haley Dougherty started the second half with her second goal of the season in the 52nd minute.
- Senior midfielder Mariah Gilbert added to the lead in the 60th minute with her first goal of the season, assisted by Shaye Isaacs.
- First-year forward Sydney Rhodes followed with her first career goal in the 63rd minute, also assisted by Isaacs.
- Sophomore midfielded Kaylee Terrell scored the seventh goal of the game on a high deflection that found its way into the net in the 74th minute.
- Terrell closed the scoring on a rebound in the 84th minute for her third goal of the season.
- The Saints attempted 37 shots and put 20 shots on goal, led by Terrell with three.
- Sophomore goalkeeper Taylor Peterson saw her first action of the season in goal, and made three saves for the shutout.
- Thomas More has shut out its opponent in four of six games this season.
- The Saints improved to 5-0 at home.
- Thomas More will travel to Indiana Wesleyan on Saturday, September 14. The game is scheduled to start at 5 p.m.