Oct 01, 2018
(NORTH MANCHESTER, Ind.) - The Thomas More women's soccer team picked up its second win of the season, defeating Manchester 3-1 today, Oct. 1. The Saints improved to 2-10 overall while Manchester fell to 0-11.
- First-year Lindsey Brown (Melbourne, Ky. / Campbell County) put the Saints on the board in the first minute of the game.
- Junior Olivia Nienaber (Alexandria, Ky. / Bishop Brossart) put the Saints up 2-0 scoring in the 34th minute of the game unassisted.
- Maranda Birmingham of Manchester found the back of the net for the Spartans in the 77th minute, cutting the Saints' lead back down to one.
- First-year Jordan Harley (Cincinnati, Ohio / Mother of Mercy) scored the first goal of her collegiate career in the 82nd minute of the game, pushing the Saints' lead back up to two, 3-1.
- The Saints improved to 2-10 on the season
- Thomas More outshot the Spartans 31-8. The Saints recorded 14 shots in the first half and 17 in the second.
- Out of the Saints' 31 shots, 11 were on goal, three found the back of the net.
- Harley led the team with seven shots in the match, two were on goal, one found the back of the net.
- Brown, Shaye Isaacs (Nicholasville, Ky. / West Jassamine), and Nienaber each recorded four shots in the match.
- Nienaber led the team with three shots on goal.
- Kylie Anderson (Florence, Ky. / Boone County) played all 90:00 minutes in goal, recording four saves off five shots on goal, allowing one goal.
- Thomas More continues its road stand, traveling to Kenyon on Oct. 6 for a 1 p.m. game.