Sep 16, 2018
(SEWANEE, Tenn.) - The Thomas More women's soccer team took on 20th-ranked Emory today, Sept. 16, falling to the Eagles 4-2. With the loss, Thomas More moves to 1-6-0 overall while Emory improved to 4-2-0.
- Madison Phaneuf from Emory put the Eagles on the board first in the ninth minute with an assist from Lily Dresner.
- Lindsey Brown scored her first goal of the season in the 19th minute to tie the game at 1-1.
- Caroline Kolski from Emory found the back of the net in the 46th minute with an assist from Abbe McCarter to take back the lead, 2-1.
- Olivia Nienaber scored her second goal on the season, :30 later after the Eagles took back the lead, to tie the game back up at 2-2.
- McCarter put the Eagles back in the lead scoring in the 58th minute.
- Shivani Beall put the Eagles up by two in the 78th minute with an assist from McCarter.
- Nienaber led the team in shots and shots on goal, recording three and two respectively.
- Brown's only shot was for the first goal of the game for the Saints.
- Maddy Kim played all 90:00 minutes in the goal, recording six saves off 10 shots on goal, and allowing four goals.
- Thomas More was outshot in the game, 21-4.
- The Saints had the advantage in the game in saves, 6-1.
- The Saints continue their road stand as they head to Centre on Sept. 19 and Ohio Northern on the 22nd.