Sep 14, 2018
(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) - The Thomas More women's soccer team travels to Sewanee, Tenn. this weekend in search of their first win on the season.
- The Thomas More women's soccer team travels to Sewanee, Tenn. to take on Sewanee and Emory on Saturday and Sunday.
- With the loss on Wednesday, the Saints come into this game 0-5.
- The Saints have gone in to overtime their past two games, falling to Aurora in overtime 2-1, and to Franklin, 2-1, in double overtime. Olivia Nienaber scored off a throw in from Kaylee Terrell in the 56th minute to tie the game up 1-1, against Franklin. Maddy Kim played all 107-minutes in the goal, recording six saves off of eight shots.
- Jordan Harley and Olivia Nienaber led the team in shots, each having three in the game.
- Nienaber also had three shots on goal, one of which resulted in a successful goal.
- Terrell had the only assist for the Saints.
- The 0-3-2 Sewanee Tigers come into the game off a 2-0 loss at Covenant and a 1-1 double overtime tie at Spalding.
- The Tigers have recorded 39 shots so far this season, 21 of which are on goal.
- Caitlin Fahr and Dayla LaRocque lead the team with seven shots each.
- The Emory Eagles are 3-1 heading into their game Saturday against Lynchburg before heading to take on Thomas More.
- The team has recorded 111 shots on the season, recording 12 goals.
- The Eagles are averaging 27.8 shots per game, along with a 3.00 goals scored average per game.
- Follow along with the men's soccer team on twitter (@TMC_WSOCCER) and Facebook (Thomas More Women's Soccer)
- Follow along all season long with all the sports through Thomas More's athletic department on Twitter and Instagram (@tmcsaints), and facebook (Thomas More College Saints)
- Thomas More continues its road stretch, traveling to Centre on Sept. 19.
- The match is set for 7:00pm.