Sep 08, 2018
(WHEATON, Ill.) - The Thomas More women's soccer team fell to 0-4 today as they fell 2-1 to Aurora in overtime. The Spartans gained their first win and improved to 1-3 overall.
- Giselle Torres of Aurora scored off of a throw-in from Beth Grotelueschen in the 21st minute of the game.
- Megan Sheridan booted in, from 50-yards away, the tying goal in the 88th minute off of an assist from Abby Hutcheson.
- In overtime, Aurora's Alexis Abelove scored unassisted for the go-ahead winning goal.
- Hannah Dargo and Olivia Nienaber led the game in shots, totaling four each.
- Dargo also recorded one shot on goal while Nienaber recorded two.
- Kristina Felix recorded three shots and one shot on goal in the match.
- Sheridan's only shot of the game was the game-tying shot.
- Morgan Beare picked up two shots including one shot on goal.
- Maddy Kim was in the net for all 100:00 minutes, recording two saves off four shots, allowing two goals.
- The women's soccer team returns home this week, hosting Franklin College on Sept. 13.
- The match is scheduled to start at 4:30 pm.