(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) - The No.1- ranked women's basketball team opens the NCAA Tournament tonight at 7 p.m. taking on old PAC foe Saint Vincent. The Saints come into the tournament 27-0, ACAA Conference Champions, and in their first week of being ranked No.1.
- The Saints come into the tournament after defeating Valley Forge 92-47 in the ACAA Conference Championship game last weekend.
- Heading into the tournament, this season marks the fourth undefeated regular season under Head Coach Jeff Hans.
The Saints have gone 7-0 against nationally ranked teams this season.
The team averages 86.0 points per game, over 40 rebounds per game, and over 18 assists per game.
Senior Madison Temple is a strong candidate for post season honors, averaging 23.7 points per game, 7.1 rebounds per game, and 5-7 assists per game, and was a 2x National Player of the Week this season.
- The Bearcats come into the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2011.
- Saint Vincent took down Washington & Jefferson to win its first PAC Conference Title.
- This is the Bearcats first 20+ win season since 2014-15.
The Thunder finished conference regular season undefeated (16-0) for first time since joining MIAA in 2004.
Trine claimed both the MIAA regular-season and tournament titles for second time in last three seasons (2016-17 & 2018-19) and a shared regular-season title in 2017-18.
The Thunder have won 15 straight games (regular-season and tournament) and 23 of its last 24 games.
Trine is making its third straight NCAA Tournament appearance;They advanced to "sweet 16" in 2017-18.
Emory will be making the program's 4th ever trip to the NCAA Tournament and first since 2013.
Head Coach Misha Jackson guided her team to an overall record of 19-6 and tied for 2nd in the University Athletic Association with a 10-4 mark.
Eagles are pacing the conference in scoring defense and field goal percentage defense.
Emory also tops the UAA in rebound margin, outboarding 16 opponents this season and registering a 16-0 record in such contests.
Senior Ashley Oldshue is a strong candidate for postseason honors, and ranks among the UAA's top 5 performers in scoring average, rebounding, field goal percentage and blocked shots.
- Live stats for tonights game can be found here.
- Live video broadcast for tonights game can be found here.
- Follow along all season long with the team on Twitter (@TMWBasketball), Instagram (@tmwbasketball)
- Follow all of the Saints' sports on social media on Twitter and Instagram (@tmusaints) and Facebook (Thomas More Saints)
- The Saints will advance to round two of the tournament with a win today.