(WHITEWATER, Wis.) – The fourth-ranked Thomas More University women's basketball team defeated 17th-ranked University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, 69-48, today (Saturday, December 1, 2018) in a battle of Top-20 teams at Kachel Gymnasium in Whitewater, Wisconsin.
- Thomas More improves to 7-0 and the Warhawks fall to 4-2.
- The Saints shot 44.2 percent (23-of-52) from the field, including 53.8 percent (seven-of-13) from behind the three-point arc.
- Thomas More held UW-Whitewater to 27.1 percent (16-of-59) shooting, including 7.1 percent (one-of-14) from behind the arc.
- The Saints out-scored the Warhawks 19-16 off turnovers and had a 24-22 advantage on points in the paint.
- Senior guard Madison Temple (Cincinnati, Ohio/Anderson) recorded a double-double with 21 points and 10 rebounds, while dishing out four assists and recording three steals.
- First-year guard Asyah Mitchell (Kenton County, Ky./Cooper) finished the game with 15 points and four rebounds.
- Senior forward Shelby Rupp (Milan, Ind./Batesville) had seven rebounds and two blocked shots.
- Sophomore guard Briana McNutt (Maysville, Ky./Mason County) had eight points.
- Thomas More will take on fifth-ranked University of Chicago on Monday (December 3) at 7 p.m. Eastern/6 p.m. Central in Chicago, Illinois.