(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) - The 1-0 Thomas More University women's basketball team hosts the 1-2 Midway Eagles in its home opener tomorrow, Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2018. The game is set to tip-off at 7 p.m. in the Connor Convocation Center.
- Thomas More comes into the game 1-0 on the season, coming off a 71-49 win over Wheaton College in the season opener.
- Thomas More opened the game on a 12-2 run capped by a jumper by senior guard Madison Temple and never looked back.
- The Saints led 16-8 after one quarter, 35-21 at halftime and 62-36 after three quarters.
- Thomas More shot 50 percent from the field (26-of-52) and was 50 percent from behind the three-point arc (seven-of-14).
- The Saints out-scored the Thunder, 36-17 off turnovers.
- Temple led all scorers with 24 points, while pulling down four rebounds, recording five assists and seven steals.
- Senior forward Shelby Rupp had 15 points, eight rebounds and two assists.
- Sophomore guard Briana McNutt finished with 11 points and three rebounds.
- First-year guard Asyah Mitchell missed double figures with nine points, four rebounds and two assists.
- Midway comes into the game 1-2 on the season, recently falling to University of Northwestern Ohio, 70-82.
- The Eagles are currently on a two game losing streak.
- Midway is averaging 79.3 points per game, shooting .398 from the field.
- The Eagles are averaging 47.3 rebounds and 13.6 steals per game.
- Follow along all season long with the team on Twitter (@TMWBasketball), Instagram (@tmwbasketball)
- Follow all of the Saints' sports on social media on Twitter and Instagram (@tmusaints) and Facebook (Thomas More Saints)
- Thomas More travels to compete in the Centre Tournament on Nov. 16 and 17.
- The Saints take on Covenant on Nov. 16 at 5 p.m. and Maryville on Nov. 17 at 4 p.m.