(KISSIMMEE, Fla.) - The Thomas More softball team concludes the 2019 Spring Games tomorrow, taking on Ramapo and William Paterson. The Saints come into tomorrow .500 on the season, after splitting a pair of games today to move to 5-5. The Saints take on William Paterson at 9:45 a.m. and Ramapo at noon.
- The Saints recently fell to No. 2-ranked Illinois State, 2-1, in the first game of the day, but defeated Southern Maine in six innings, 10-1.
- In the Illinois Wesleyan game, Alix DeDreu, Andrea Gahan, and Morgan Wells each recorded one hit in the game.
- DeDreu with the lone double and RBI in the game for the Saints.
- Whitney Quillen recorded a sacrifice bunt for the Saints.
- Illinois Wesleyan had the 5-3 advantage in hits and a 2-1 advantage in RBI's.
- Last season, the Titans defeated the Saints 4-0 in the NCAA Tournament.
- In the Southern Maine game, Olivia Jackson got the start for the Saints on the mound, facing 15 batters, allowing two runs and striking out two batters.
- Hannah Sprague replaced Jackson, facing 11 batters, allowing zero runs and striking out two batters.
- DeDreu and Mary Beth Odom both hit doubles in the game.
- Odom also hit for a Grand Slam and recorded five RBI's.
- DeDreu recorded two RBI's, Gahan and Sydney Turner both with one against the Huskies.
- Quillen, DeDreu, Gahan, and Turner each recorded two hits in the game.
- Maddie Johnson recorded three runs after getting walked three times.
- The Roadrunners open their season tomorrow, taking on Gettysburg in the morning before taking on the Saints.
- Ramapo welcomed five newcomers and welcomed back six upperclassmen.
- Last season, the Roadrunners went 26-15 overall, falling in the Regional Round of the NCAA Tournament.
- The Pioneers come into tomorrow 7-3 overall on the season, coming off two wins today against Beloit College and University of New England.
- William Paterson has recorded 79 hits so far this season, for a .298 batting average and a .366 slugging percentage.
- Caitlyn Massaro leads the team with 15 hits on the season so far.
- Massaro also leads the pitching crew with a 4-1 record with a 1.40 ERA.
- Follow along all season with Saints softball on Twitter and Instagram (@TMU_Softball)
- Follow all of Thomas More's teams on Twitter and Instagram (@tmusaints) and Facebook (Thomas More Saints).
- The Saints host their home-opener on Mar. 19, hosting Capital University for a doubleheader starting at 3 p.m.