Posted: Feb 06, 2019
(CINCINNATI, Ohio) - The Thomas More men's volleyball picked up its first win of the season in a 3-0 shut-out victory over Cincinnati Christian University. The Saints improve to 1-9 on the season as CCU fell to 0-5 on the season.
- The Saints defeated the Eagles by scores of 25-23, 25-13, 25-20.
- Andy Geigle led the Saints with 13 kills on the night, along with one service ace and seven digs, hitting .579 on the night.
- Tanner Miller recorded the team-high with 30 assists, along with two kills, one service ace, five digs, and one block.
- Robby Cox led the team with 10 digs, along with eight kills, three assists, and three service aces.
- Brock Cassin hit the team-high, ending the night hitting .875 off of six kills and zero errors. Cassin also recorded one block against the Eagles.
- Nick Richard put up nine kills, along with two assists and three digs.
- Adam Mathews recorded five digs along with one service ace.
- The Saints hit .250 tonight, compared to CCU's .062.
- Thomas More had the advantage in kills, 39-23, assists, 38-21, and digs, 36-24.
- The Saints travel north to Mount Union to compete in the Mount Union Purple Raider Rumble, taking on Fontbonne, Penn St. Altoona, Thiel, and Trine this weekend.