(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) - The Thomas More men's volleyball team looks to pick up its first match win this weekend as they head across the river to take on Mount St. Joseph and Wittenberg. The Saints take on the Tigers at 2 p.m. and the Lions at 4 p.m. Thomas More goes into this weekend 0-7 on the season so far.
MSJ vs. Wittenberg 12 p.m.
Thomas More vs. Wittenberg 2 p.m.
MSJ vs. Thomas More 4 p.m. Live Stats
- The Saints recently competed in the Trine Tournament, taking on Concordia Chicago, Trine, North Park, and Mount Union.
- The Saints fell 3-1 to Concordia Chicago by scores of 25-17, 15-25, 20-25, 25-21.
- Nick Richard tied for the game-high with 11 kills on the night, along with one assist, two service aces, two digs, and one block.
- Brock Cassin put up six kills, along with one service ace and the game-high eight blocks, three solo and five assisted.
- Robby Cox added five kills, along with three service aces, four digs, and two blocks.
- Tanner Miller led the team with 21 assists, along with one kill, one dig, and three blocks.
- Ryan Hans led the team with seven digs, along with two assists.
- Andy Geigle put up the team's second highest of six digs, along with two kills, one service ace, and one block.
- Thomas More took Trine to five sets, dropping 3-2.
- Richard and Geigle tied for the team-high with 11 kills each. Richard also put up one assist, six digs, and one block. Geigle added one service ace and 10 digs.
- Cox added nine kills, two assists, one service ace, 11 digs, a team-high 11 digs, and two blocks, one solo, and one assist.
- Cassin put up five kills, along with one dig and four blocks, two solo and two assisted.
- Miller put up the team-high 32 assists, along with one service ace, one dig, and two blocks.
- Thomas More dropped to North Park, 3-1.
- Richard led the team with a team-high 12 kills, along with one assist and a team-high 12 digs.
- Miller led the team with 28 assists, along with one kill.
- Miller and Geigle tied for the second highest on the team with 10 digs each.
- Geigle also recorded four kills
- Ending out the weekend, the Saints fell to Mount Union, 3-0.
- Richard led the game with 13 kills, along with two service aces, one dig, and one block.
- Miller added a team-high of 24 assists, along with three digs and one block.
- Hans led the team with four digs, along with one assist.
- Cassin recorded four kills and one block.
- Geigle added five kills, along with two service aces and two digs.
- Jakob Jones held the team-high hitting percentage, ending the game hitting .667. Jones added two kills, one dig, and one block.
- Thomas Williams recorded one kill and one block in the game.
MOUNT ST. JOSEPH
- The Lions come into this weekend 0-7 on the season, recently falling 3-0 to Augustana and Dominican.
- MSJ is averaging 9.75 kills per set and hitting .127 on the season.
- Jason Hatcher leads the team averaging 2.96 kills per set.
- Nathan Herdeman leads the team with 867 assists so far this season.
- The Tigers come into this weekend 3-4 on the season, recently falling to Juniata, 3-1.
- Wittenberg is averaging 11.40 kills per set and hhitting .187 on the season.
- Deion Woodson leads the team with 72 total kills this season, averaging 2.88 a set.
- Ross Russell holds the team high with 156 assists this season, averaging 6.24 a set.
- Follow along all season long on Twitter (@Saints_MVB) and Instagram (thomasmore_vb).
- Follow along with all the Saints' sports on Twitter and Instagram (@tmusaints) and Facebook (Thomas More Saints)
- The Saints remain on the road, taking on Cincinnati Christian on Feb. 6 at 7 p.m.