(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) – The Thomas More University men's soccer team surrendered the deciding goal in the 84th minute and missed a penalty kick with seconds remaining in a 3-2 home loss against Grace at BB&T Field on Saturday (September 8, 2019).
- Junior forward Brendan Jones scored the first goal of the game in the 8th minute when he hammered home a rebound opportunity after a corner kick.
- After Grace tied the game, Pierce Turner opened the second half scoring when he headed in an Adam Mathews corner kick in the 51st minute.
- Turner's goal was his third of the season, and Jones now has two goals on the year.
- Adam Mathews notched his second assist.
- The Saints had an opportunity to tie the game with a penalty kick with under a minute remaining, but the attempt was saved.
- Thomas More took 10 corner kicks in the match, compared to four for Grace.
- The Saints attempted 17 shots and had four on goal.
- The Saints will travel to Hanover on Friday, September 13 at 4 p.m.