Oct 29, 2018
(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) - The Thomas More University men's soccer team closed out its regular season with a 2-0 win against Lincoln College tonight. With the win, the Saints move to 5-11-2 overall.
- Patrick Louis was one goal short of a hat-trick, finding the back of the net twice.
- In the 16th-minute, Louis booted one in from around the 20-yard line, to slide it in under the Lincoln goalkeeper.
- In the 38th-minute, Louis found the back of the net inside the box to put the Saints up, 2-0.
- With the win, the Saints broke a seven-game losing streak.
- Louis, who was named the Jimmy Johns Player of the Game, recorded both of the Saints goals tonigt with four shots in the match, three of which were on goal, for two successful goals.
- Senior goalkeeper Jeff Paulin saved the shut-out for the Saints as he made a diving save off a Lincoln penalty-kick.
- Paulin was also in goal for 89-minutes of the game, recording four saves off four shots on goal.
- Pierce Turner, Amund Helman, and Suli Kayed each recorded two shots and one shot on goal.
- The Saints out-shot the Lynx 14-11, however the Lynx had the 7-4 advantage in saves.
- With the regular season being concluded, the Saints begin their post-season play competing in the ACAA Conference Tournament Nov. 3/4.
- The tournament takes place in Hancock, Mich.
- The Saints will face Finlandia on Nov. 3 at 4 p.m. for the ACAA Championship Semifinals and will compete in the ACAA Championship Finals, if the team advances, on Nov. 4 at 2 p.m.