Sep 18, 2018
(ADA, Ohio) - Thomas More men's soccer dropped a match today at ONU, coming up short in a 3-1 loss against the now 4-2-1 Polar Bears. With the loss, the Saints move to 4-3-1.
- Ethan Smith (Columbus, Ind. / Columbus North) put the Saints on the board first scoring unassisted off a long run to beat the goalkeeper from 12-yards out in the 20th minute of the match.
- Noah Bachwitz of ONU tied the match up 1-1 finding the back of the net in the 32nd minute.
- Levi King knocked one in four minutes later, in the 36th minute, putting the Polar Bears up 2-1.
- Bryan Kern tapped one in off a rebound after a save from goalkeeper Jeff Paulin (Alexandria, Ky. / Bishop Brossart) , putting them ahead 3-1.
- Smith scored his seventh goal of the season.
- Thomas More had the advantage in saves, as Paulin recorded eight on the night.
- The Saints were out shot, 21-14.
- Smith recorded six shots, two on goal, one of which was successful.
- Suli Kayed (Slagelse, DK / Ryle) recorded two shots in the match, one on goal.
- The Saints travel to Columbus, Ohio on Saturday, Sept. 22 to take on the Capital University Crusaders before returning home on Sept. 24.