Posted: Sep 15, 2018
(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) - The Thomas More men's soccer team fell 2-1 today as they hosted No. 8-ranked Kenyon College. With the loss, the Saints fall to 4-2-1 while Kenyon improves to 5-0-1.
- Will Bennett for Kenyon found the back of the net off a header from a throw in in the 28th minute.
- David Anderson for Kenyon found the back of the net in the 54th minute to take a 2-0 lead.
- Ethan Smith put the Saints on the board in the 84th minute off a rebound header from Mark McAulay.
- Both teams finished the game in double digits in shots, with Kenyon having the 16-10 advantage.
- Kenyon had the advantage in corner kicks, 16-1.
- Jeff Paulin was in goal all 90:00 minutes of the game, recording eight saves and allowing two goals.
- Bryce Day and Pierce Turner shared the top spot in shots for the Saints, each recording two.
- McAulay had the only asisst in the game.
- The Saints travel to Ohio Northern on Sept. 18 for a 7:00 p.m. game.