Sep 02, 2018
(HANOVER, Ind.) – The Thomas More men's soccer team hit the road for the first time this season today (Sunday, September 2, 2018) and fell, 2-1, Hanover College in Hanover, Indiana.
- Hanover took a 1-0 lead in the 24th minute when Tanner Korfhagen scored off an assist by Ian Waldrop.
- Korfhagen scored unassisted in the 26th minute to increase the Panther's lead to 2-0.
- The Saints cut the lead to 2-1 when first-year forward Nick Gish (Fort Thomas, Ky./Highlands) scored off an assist by senior midfielder Hrusto Selimovic (Independence, Ky./Simon Kenton) in the 33rd minute.
- Thomas More is now 1-1 on the season.
- The Panthers improve to 1-1.
- Thomas More out-shot Hanover 14-6, including 9-5 on-goal.
- Senior goalkeeper Jeff Paulin (Alexandria, Ky./Bishop Brossart) played all 90 minutes in goal and had three saves.
- Junior forward Ethan Smith (Columbus, Ind./Columbus North) took three shots, including one on-goal.
- Sophomore midfielder Bryce Day (Edgewood, Ky./Covington Catholic) had two shots with both on-goal.
- Sophomore defender Adam Mathews (Cincinnati, Ohio/Anderson) had two shots with one on-goal.
- First-year forward Austin Fulton (Finneytown, Ohio/Roger Bacon) took two shots, including one on-goal.
- The Saints return home on Thursday (September 6) when they host in-state rival Transylvania University at 2 p.m. at BB&T Field in Crestview Hills, Kentucky.