Posted: Nov 08, 2019
(UPLAND, Ind.) - The Thomas More University men's basketball team rallied back from an 11-point halftime deficit to remain undefeated with a 60-55 win at Taylor University on Friday night (November 8, 2019) at Odle Arena in Upland, Indiana.
- The Saints were cold from the field to start the game, making only 9-26 field goal attempts (.346) and just 1-10 three-point attempts (.100).
- Sophomore Ryan Batte (Cincinnati, Ohio/Oak Hills) scored Thomas More's first five points.
- The Saints trailed by as many as 15 points in the first half before Tyrice Walker (Hamilton, Ohio/Summit Country Day) hit a three with 5:40 remaining to cut the Taylor lead to 26-14.
- Keegan Saben (Centerville, Ohio/Centerville) scored four points in the final three minutes of the half.
- Luke Rudy (Cincinnati, Ohio/Oak Hills) scored all six points of a 6-0 Saints run early in the second half as Thomas More closed the gap to 35-28 with 18:32 left in the game.
- Batte gave the Saints their first lead of the game, 51-50, with a basket with 5:55 remaining.
- Batte scored seven points in the game's final eight minutes to close the game out for Thomas More.
- The Saints defense held Taylor to 8-25 (.320) from the field in the second half and forced eight turnovers.
- Thomas More improved to 4-0 with the win, while the Trojans fell to 2-1.
- Batte led Saints scorers with 15 points, adding four rebounds.
- Saben finished with 11 points, six assists, and four rebounds
- Rudy scored nine points and pulled down four rebounds.
- Walker scored eight points, making 2-2 three-point attempts, and tied for the team lead with five rebounds.
- Reid Jolly (Alexandria, Ky./Campbell County) finished with seven points and five rebounds.
- Thomas More will return to action on Thursday, November 14 at 7 p.m. at Marian University in Indianapolis, Indiana.