Feb 15, 2019
(CRESVIEW HILLS, Ky.) - The Thomas More men's basketball team hosts its final home game of the regular season against Wright State-Lake on Saturday at 3 p.m. The Saints will honor its five seniors before the game.
- The Saints are coming off an 72-63 loss at Shawnee St., snapping their eight-game win streak.
- Damion King and Ryan Batte led the team scoring 21 and 22 points respectively.
- King added the team-high seven rebounds, along with four assists and two steals, while Batte recorded four rebounds, three assists, and two steals.
- Brandon Horne and Ryne Callahan tied for the third most points on the team with six each.
- Callahan went 2-3 from beyond the arc tonight while Horne went 1-1 from beyond the arc, grabbed three rebounds, and dished out three assists.
- Garren Bertsch finished with five points in the game, going 2-5 from the field and 1-4 from beyond the arc. Bertsch also grabbed two rebounds, recorded one assist, and one steal.
- Ralph Stone finished the game with three points, going 1-2 from beyond the arc, grabbing two rebounds, recording one assist, two steals, and the teams' lone block in the game.
- The Saints honor their five seniors today who come into today playing 109 total games with a 77-32 career record and going 47-8 at home.
- The seniors have won two conference championships (2016-17; 2017-18) and made two NCAA Appearances (2016-17; 2017-18).
- The senior class has averaged 77.05 points per game and are shooting .478 as a class leading up to today's game.
- The Wright State-Lake Lakers come into today's game 9-18 overall on the season, most recently defeating Southern State Community College 90-89.
- The Lakers are averaging 83.9 points per game, shooting .472 from the field.
- Bryon Taylor leads the team with 19.8 points per game, while Patrick McClendon holds the team-high with 4.7 assists per game.
- Follow along with the team all season long on Twitter (@TMUMensBBall) and Instagram (@tmumensbball).
- Follow all of Thomas More's teams on Twitter and Instagram (@tmusaints) and Facebook (Thomas More Saints).
- The Saints head to New York to compete in the ACAA Conference Tournament on Feb. 23/24.