(NEWPORT NEWS, Va.) – The Thomas More University men's basketball team defeated Methodist University, 74-54, today (Sunday, November 25, 2018) in the consolation game of the Christopher Newport University/Holiday Inn Invitational at the Freeman Center in Newport News, Virginia.
- Thomas More improves to 3-3.
- Methodist falls to 1-4.
- The Saints shot 46.9 percent (23-of-49) from the field, while holding the Monarchs to 39.3 percent (22-of-56) shooting.
- Four Saints reached double-figure scoring.
- Senior guard Brandon Horne (Louisville, Ky./Male) recorded a double-double with 15 points and 10 rebounds.
- Senior guard Ryne Callahan (Morehead, Ky./Rowan County) led all scorers with 24 points as he shot 46.2 percent from the field, including 50 percent from behind the three point arc.
- Senior guard Ralph Stone (Shelbyville, Ky./Martha Layne Collins) just missed a double-double as he had 12 points and pulled down nine rebounds.
- Senior guard Damion King (Winchester, Ky./George Rogers Clark) scored 12 points and dished out six assists.
- Thomas More returns to action on Wednesday (November 28) when it hosts Ohio Northern University at 7 p.m. at the Connor Convocation Center in Crestview Hills, Kentucky.