Posted: Nov 09, 2018
(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) - The Thomas More men's basketball team officially opens its season today, taking on Emory and Henry tonight at 6 p.m.
- The Saints come into the 2018-19 season coming off a 23-6 2017-18 season, falling to John Carroll in the first round of the NCAA Tournament.
- Thomas More played in its lone exhibition game against NKU last week.
- The Saints return 11 players from last season that saw significant minutes on the court.
- Out of those 11 returners, three were starters from last season, Brandon Horne, Damion King, and Ryne Callahan.
- Horne finished the season with a 54.3 field-goal percentage, going 119-219 from the field.
- He totaled 172 rebounds, 42 assists, 37 steals, six blocks, and 305 points.
- King tallied his 1000th point last season, going 156-339 from the field, finishing the season with a .460 field-goal percentage.
- He totaled 175 rebounds, 126 assists, one block, 27 steals, and 442 points last season.
- Callahan became the leading three-point shooter in Thomas More history last season.
- He finished the season with a .391 3-point field-goal percentage, along with 26 steals, 40 assists, 106 rebounds, and 296 points.
- The remaining returners include Ralph Stone, Kedan Davis, JC Kinnaird, Antonio McKinney, Kamrin Boone, Max Knisley, Braden Connor, and Garren Bertsch.
EMORY & HENRY
- The Wasps finished last season 22-7 overall, falling to Franklin and Marshall in the first round of the NCAA.
- Emory & Henry recorded 2,373 points last season.
- The Wasps welcomes six freshmen this season.
- Follow along with the team all season long on Twitter (@TMUMensBBall) and Instagram (@tmumensbball).
- Follow all of Thomas More's teams on Twitter and Instagram (@tmusaints) and Facebook (Thomas More Saints).
- The Saints host their first home games of the season for the Coach Jim Connor Classic Nov. 16/17.