(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) – The Thomas More University baseball team split a doubleheader with the Saint Vincent College, moving to 12-5 overall on the season. The Saints dropped the first game of the day, 5-2, and came out victorious in game two, 4-2.
- Matt Wellbrock doubled to left center field, scoring Brady Reynolds.
- Aiden Reverman hit a sacrifice fly ball to center field, scoring Wellbrock to tie the game at 2-2 in the top of the fifth inning.
- On the mound, Jordan Houze go got the start, facing 23 batters, striking out two and allowing four runs off seven hits.
- Jonathan Breeden replaced Houze, facing five batters and allowing one run off three hits and one strikeout.
- Reynolds went 2-3 at the plate, hitting a triple and scoring one run.
- Brett Benzinger went 2-4 at the plate, recording a double.
- Wellbrock went 1-3 at the plate with his only hit being the double that scored Reynolds.
- Bailey Martin went 2-4 at the plate.
- In the second inning, Noah Galvin singled to center field, scoring Sean Lawrence to tie the game at 1-1.
- Joshua Boeckmann advanced to second, moving Sam Hauer to third and scoring Benzinger on a wild pitch in the third inning.
- Boeckmann advanced to third and Hauer scored on another wild pitch in the third inning to take a 3-1 lead in the third inning.
- In the fifth inning, Lawrence stole second and advanced to third on a throwing error, scoring Boeckmann to take a 4-2 lead.
- Martin started the game on the mound, facing six batters, allowing one run off two hits.
- Joey Weller replaced Martin, facing 18 batters, allowing only one run and striking out five batters.
- Justin Ward finished out the game and recorded the save, facing three batters and allowing zero runs.
- Benzinger went 2-3 at the plate, recording a double and scoring a run.
- Lawrence went 2-4, recording a double and scoring one run.
- The Saints had the 7-4 advantage in hits.
- The Saints host Centre on April 16 for a 4 p.m. game.