Posted: Mar 27, 2019
(ADA, Ohio) – The Thomas More University baseball team fell, 9-0, to Ohio Northern University today (Wednesday, March 27, 2019) at Wander Field in Ada, Ohio. The Saints fall to 7-10 and the Polar Bears improve to 8-7.
- Ohio Northern scored two in the first, one in the second, one in the third, two in the seventh and three in the eight to post the 9-0 victory.
- First-year second baseman Brett Benzinger (Taylor Mill, Ky./New Richmond) was one-for-three at the plate.
- Senior right fielder Joshua Boeckmann (Cincinnati, Ohio/Elder) was one-for-three.
- Senior first baseman Nick Jenkins (Hilliard, Ohio/Hilliard Bradley) was one-for-three.
- Thomas More used eight pitchers in the game.
- Sophomore pitcher Ty Grimes (Miamisburg, Ohio/Miamisburg) suffered the loss as he pitched one inning and gave up two runs (both earned) on four hits.
- Senior pitcher Jonathan Breeden (Erlanger, Ky./Dixie Heights) pitched two scores innings and gave up two hits, while striking out one.
- The Saints are scheduled to host the University of Cincinnati-Clermont on Saturday (March 30) in a doubleheader.
- First pitch is scheduled for 1 p.m. at Thomas More Field in Crestview Hills, Kentucky.