Posted: Mar 15, 2019
(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) - The Thomas More baseball team takes on Spalding in a three-game series this weekend. The Saints head into the series 3-6 on the season so far, while Spalding comes in 9-4 overall this season.
- The Saints recently defeated Hanover, 4-3.
- Thomas More took a 1-0 lead in the top of the first when senior right fielder Joshua Boeckmann had a run-batted-in single scoring first-year second baseman Brett Benzinger.
- The Saints extended the lead to 2-0 in the second inning when first-year third baseman Bailey Martin scored on an RBI single by sophomore left fielder Brady Reynolds.
- In the top of the fifth, Thomas More extended the lead to 4-0 when senior shortstop Sean Lawrence scored on a sacrifice bunt by senior catcher Sam Hauer and Benzinger scored on a Boeckmann fielder choice.
- Senior pitcher Jonathan Breeden earned the win as he pitched a scoreless first inning.
- Spalding recently went 2-1 over Ozarks last week.
- The Golden Eagles are averaging a .295 batting average, with 112 hits so far on the season.
- Garrett Wilson leads the team with 17 hits already in the season, for two doubles and six RBI's.
- Zach Jones leads the team with a 2.05 ERA, striking out 25 batters and allowing only seven runs.
- Follow all of Thomas More's teams on Twitter and Instagram (@tmusaints) and Facebook (Thomas More Saints).
- The Saints host Franklin on Mar. 19 for a 4 p.m. pitch.