Mar 10, 2019
(WESTFIELD, Ind.) – The Thomas More University baseball team dropped a doubleheader to the University of Chicago today (Sunday, March 10, 2019) at Grand Park in Westfield, Indiana. The Maroons won 6-2 and 4-3.
- Chicago scored four in first, two in the sixth and held the Saints to a pair of runs in the fifth for the 6-2 victory.
- Sophomore left fielder Brady Reynolds (White Oak, Ohio/LaSalle) led the team at the plate as he was two-for-two with a run scored.
- Senior designated hitter Sam Hauer (Cincinnati, Ohio/Elder) was one-for-four with two runs batted-in.
- Sophomore pitcher Jordan Houze (Lawrenceburg, Ohio/Lawrenceburg) suffered the loss on the mound as he pitched five and two-third innings and gave up six runs (all earned) on six hits and struck out three.
- In the nightcap, Chicago scored one in the first, two in the second and three in the third and held Thomas More to three runs in the first for the 4-3 victory.
- Senior pitcher Sean Lawrence (Independence, Ky./Simon Kenton) had a no-decision as he pitched two innings and gave up three runs (all earned) on three hits.
- First-year pitcher Bailey Martin (Independence, Ky./Simon Kenton) suffered the loss as he pitched four innings giving up one run (earned) on two hits, while striking out two.
- First-year second baseman Brett Benzinger (Taylor Mill, Ky./New Richmond) was two-for-three with a run scored at the plate.
- Thomas More's home game scheduled for Wednesday (March 13) against Hanover College has been moved to Hanover.
- First pitch is still scheduled for 4 p.m.