(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) - The Thomas More University women's volleyball team is set to compete in Calvin's 2018 Midwest Invitational this weekend, Oct. 12-13.
Friday, Oct. 12
Van Noord Arena
Ohio Northern vs. Elmhurst 5:00 p.m. - Live Stats
Hope vs. Thomas More 7:30 p.m. - Live Stats
Saturday, Oct. 13
Van Noord Arena
Ohio Northern vs. Susquehanna 11:00 a.m. - Live Stats
Thomas More vs. Elmhurst 1:00 p.m. - Live Stats
Susquehanna vs. Hope 3:30 p.m. - Live Stats
- No. 7 Thomas More University women's volleyball team heads north to compete in the 2018 Midwest Invitational at Calvin this weekend.
- Teams competing include No. 1 Calvin, No. 16 Hope, No. 19 ONU, Susquehanna, and Elmhurst.
- The 19-1 Saints defeated Centre at home Wednesday night in three sets with scores of 25-9, 25-16, 25-21.
- Junior Jenna Mummert recorded 15 kills, one service ace, two digs, one block, and ended the match with a .520 hitting percentage.
- First-year Emily Mohs recorded 12 kills, two digs, and one block, and ending the match with a .323 hitting percentage.
- Senior setter Jenna Fessler recorded every assist in the match for the Saints, recording all 43, along with one kill, one dig, and one block.
- Junior Madison Krumpelman recorded six kills, and 14 digs on the match for the Saints.
- Sophomore Jessica Ginn led the Saints in digs, recording 24, along with two service aces.
- Junior Sara Crooker chipped in 15 digs and one service ace.
- Junior Hannah Just added 12 digs and one sercice ace.
- The Saints had the advantage in all categories, including kills (46-19), assists (43-17), service aces (5-2), and digs (73-57).
- The Saints have recorded 1,101 kills, 1,010 assits, 1,378 digs, and 147 service aces.
No. 1 CALVIN
- The Calvin Knights come into the tournament 16-0 and coming off a 3-2 win over St. Mary's (Ind.).
- The Knights have recorded 801 kills, 748 assists, 870 digs, and 127 service aces.
- Anna Kamp leads the Knights in kills with 256.
- Sarah DeVries has recorded the team high of 336 assists so far this season.
No. 16 HOPE
- Hope comes into this weekend 17-4 overall, coming off a 3-0 win against Albion.
- The Flying Dutch have recorded 976 kills, 912 assists, 1,142 digs, and 154 service aces so far this season.
- Katie Rietberg leads the team with 262 kills.
- Two Flying Dutch have recorded over 300 assists this season, Tracy Westra with 371 and Adair Cutler with 387.
No. 19 ONU
- ONU comes into this weekend 14-4 overall, coming off a 3-0 win over Wilmington.
- The Polar Bears have recorded 857 kills, 796 assists, 1,192 digs, and 113 service aces so far this season.
- Chelsea Huppert leads the team with 224 kills.
- Katie Wade hold the team high of 648 assists.
- Susquehanna comes into the tournament 17-7 overall, coming off a 3-2 win over Scranton.
- The River Hawks have recorded 1,138 kills, 1,012 assists, 1,572 digs, and 172 service aces so far this season.
- Hannah Lyons leads the team with 258 kills.
- Lindsey Pugh hold the team high with 789 assists.
- Elmhurst enters the weekend 9-11 overall, coming off a 3-0 loss against Carthage College.
- The Blue Jays have recorded 813 kills, 755 assists, 1,236 digs, and 131 service aces so far this season.
- Bailey Brouwer leads the Blue Jays with 233 kills.
- Kelly Townsend has the team high of 391 assists.
- Follow along all season long with all the sports through Thomas More's women's volleyball social media on Twitter (@ThomasMore_WVB), Instagram (@thomasmore_vb) and Facebook (Thomas More Volleyball).
- Follow along all season long with all the sports through Thomas More's athletic department on Twitter and Instagram (@tmusaints), and facebook (Thomas More Saints).
- The Saints return home Oct. 19 to host Transylvania for a 7 p.m. matchup.