(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) - The Thomas More women's volleyball team looks to keep thier unbeaten streak alive as they travel to the Wittenberg Fall Classic today. There, they will face No. 3-ranked Wittenberg on Saturday.
- The Thomas More women's volleyball team travels to Wittenberg to play in the Wittenberg Fall Classic. The Saints will be facing the No. 3-ranked Wittenberg, Heidelberg, and Mary Washington.
2pm Thomas More vs. Mary Washington Court 1
4pm ONU vs. Hope Court 1
Ithaca vs. Heidelberg Court 2
6pm Heidelberg vs. Thomas More Court 1
Mary Washington vs. Hope Court 2
8pm Wittenberg vs. Ithaca Court 1
10am Ithaca vs. Mary Washington Court 1
Heidelberg vs. Hope Court 2
12pm Wittenberg vs. Thomas More Court 1
ONU vs. Mary Washington Court 2
2pm Hope vs. Ithaca Court 1
4pm Wittenberg vs. ONU Court 1
- Thomas More extended its win streak to nine after taking down Hanover in its first home match of the season. The Saints defeated the Panthers 3-0. Emily Mohs led the team in kills, recording 10 of her own.
- Jenna Fessler led the team in assists, with 15 on the night, and in digs, with nine.
- Jessica Ginn was tied for the team high with nine digs of her own.
- Jenna Mummert led the game in blocks, recording five, including one solo block.
- Madison Krumpelman, Fessler, and Sara Crooker each recorded two service aces on the night.
- Julia Popova finished the night hitting .455, recording seven kills off 11 attempts, along with one dig and one block.
- The Eagles come into the Fall Classic 6-1 overall, with their only loss coming from Susquehanna in three sets.
- Mary Washington is currently on a three-game win streak, coming off a 3-0 win against McDaniel.
- Peyton Dunow leads the team in kills, with 68. Ryan Cho leads the team in digs with 129.
- UMW was picked second in the CAC pre-season coaches' poll.
- Heidelberg comes into the Fall Classic 6-3 overall.
- The Saints defeated the Student Princes earlier this season at the Bluffton Classic, 3-0.
- The team has recorded 1,203 total attacks, 366 kills, 348 assists, 537 digs, and 51 blocks this season.
- Alyssa Crusey and Taylor Valentine share the lead in kills with 71 each.
- The No.3-ranked Wittenberg Tigers come into the Classic 5-1 overall.
- Their only loss came from their most recent game against Christopher Newport, falling 3-2.
- The Tigers have recorded 293 kills, 737 total attacks, 267 assists, 344 digs, and 40 blocks so far this season.
- Kennedey Schmidt leads the team in kills with 57.
- Follow along all season long with all the sports through Thomas More's women's volleyball social media on Twitter (@TMC_Volleyball), Instagram (@tmcsaintsvb) and Facebook (Thomas More College Volleyball).
- Follow along all season long with all the sports through Thomas More's athletic department on Twitter and Instagram (@tmcsaints), and facebook (Thomas More College Saints).
- Thomas More returns home for another Wednesday night home match against Mount St. Joseph.
- The match will start at 7pm.