(CHAPEL HILL, N.C.) – The Thomas More University women's swimming & diving team competed in the day two and three of the Janis Hape Dowd Nike Invitational in Chapel Hill and Durham, North Carolina this weekend. The Saints made times to reach the finals in all the events with individuals competing in on both Saturday and Sunday. Due to the weather, the Saints decided to forego today's finals.
- On Saturday, Amanda Scola finished 10thin the 200-yard freestyle with a final time of 1:59.06 while Shelby Miller placed only eight-tenths of a second behind her with a final time of 1:59.14.
- Megan Hill finished in 14th with a time of 1:11.05 int he 100-yard butterfly and 17th in the 200-yard freestyle with a time of 2:18.17.
- Erin Carrus finished 10thin the 100-yard breaststroke with a time of 1:30.47.
- Miller placed 10thin the 100-yard backstroke with a time of 1:02.09.
- On Sunday, Miller placed 19th in the prelims in the 100-yard freestyle with a time of 55.84 while Hill and Carrus were close behind finishing in 23rd and 24th with times of 1:03.62 and 1:13.46 respectively.
- Miller also finished ninth in the prelims of the 200-yard backstroke with a time of 2:13.72.
On Saturday, Justin Hailey finished 14thin the 200-yard freestyle with a final time of 1:47.50 while Austin Smith finished right behind him with a time of 1:49.60.
- On Sunday, Hailey finished 18th in the 100-yard freestyle with a time of 48.29 while Smith finished 20th with a time of 49.78.
- Devon Falkenstein finished 23rd in the 100-yard freestyle with a time of 56.33.
- The Saints compete in their final meet of the season on Feb. 23 at the Kenyon Fast Chance Meet.