(CRESTVIEW, Ky.) - The Thomas More softball team swept Transylvania tonight in a Wednesday double header. Thomas More improved to 24-8 overall after a 4-1 win in game one and a 3-0 win in game two in eight innings with a walk-off home run from Mary Beth Odom.
- Alix DeDreu doubled to right center field, scoring Amanda Lloyd for the first run of the game in the third inning.
- Odom singled to the pitcher, scoring DeDreu.
- Whitney Quillen reached first on a bunt, moving Lloyd to second and scoring Wells to take a 3-0 lead in the fourth inning.
- In the fifth inning, Elana Harrison singled up the middle, moving Wells to third and scoring Odom to take a 4-0 lead.
- On the mound, DeDreu faced 28 batters, only allowing seven hits and one run scored, striking out 11 batters.
- DeDreu, Wells, and Harrison each hit for a double in the game, while DeDreu and Harrison also hit for an RBI, along with Odom and Quillen.
- DeDreu, Odom, and Harrison led the team with two hits each.
- The Saints had the 9-7 advantage in hits and 4-1 advantage in RBI's.
- Odom hit a three-run walk-off home run over the left center field fence in the eighth inning to win 3-0.
- Kianah Towe was on the mound for the Saints in game two, facing 29 batters, allowing only six hits and zero runs with two strikeouts.
- The Saints fielded two double plays to get out the inning, one in the fourth inning and one in the fifth inning.
- Odom went a perfect 2-2 at the plate, with the game winning hit and recording three RBI's.
- Wells hit for a double in her only hit at the plate.
- The Saints were even with the Pioneers with six hits each.
- The Saints start a six-game road stand starting at Trine taking on both Trine and DePauw on April 14.