(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) - The Thomas More University softball team improved its winning streak to 12 with a two-game sweep over Denison tonight, winning both games 3-1. With the wins, the Saints improve to 17-7 overall on the season.
- Andrea Gahan hit a two-run home run over the center field fence, scoring Whitney Quillen in the process, taking a 2-0 lead in the first inning.
- In the sixth inning, Elana Harrison singled to center field and advanced to second on the throw, scoring Lindsey Meier to take a 3-1 lead.
- Alix DeDreu was on the mound for the Saints, facing 27 batters, allowing only one run and striking out 11 batters.
- Gahan led the game with two RBI's, while Harrison added one.
- Sydney Turner recorded a sacrifice hit to advance a runner to scoring position.
- Harrison, Kenzi Dickerson, Gahan, and Quillen each recorded one hit in the game.
- The Big Red had the 6-4 advantage in hits in game one.
- The Big Red got on the board in the third inning, taking a 1-0 lead.
- Morgan Wells singled to right field, advancing Mary Beth Odom to third and scoring Gahan to tie the game a 1-1 in the fourth inning.
- Wells advanced to second and Odom scored on a catching error by the second baseman, taking a 2-1 lead in the fourth.
- In the sixth inning, Wells walked with bases loaded, scoring Adrian Marquez who pinch ran for DeDreu.
- Kianah Towe started on the mound for the Saints in game two, facing 15 batters, allowing one run and struck out three batters.
- Olivia Jackson replaced Towe, facing 13 batters, striking out one and allowing zero runs.
- DeDreu closed out the game, facing four batters and striking out one.
- Wells led the game with two RBI's.
- Odom hit for a double in her only hit of the game.
- Gahan led the team with two hits in her three at-bats.
- The Saints were even at 6-6 with the Big Red in hits.
- The Saints host Centre tomorrow, April 2, in another double header starting at 3:30 p.m.