(WINTER HAVEN, Fla.) - The Thomas More women's softball team looks to continue its momentum into day three of the competition of the Spring Games 2019 tomorrow, as it takes on Meredith College at 10 a.m. and Wisconsin Lutheran College at 12:15 a.m.
- The Saints come into tomorrow 3-3 on the season, coming off two wins on Tuesday against Wash U and Eastern Connecticut State.
- In the Eastern Connecticut game, first-year pitcher Olivia Jackson earned her first win of the season, as she faced 22 batters on the mound, allowing only four hits for two runs.
- Hannah Sprague entered the game to replace Jackson on the mound, facing seven batters and allowing only one hit.
- Mary Beth Odom, Andrea Gahan, and Sydney Turner recorded the Saints' RBI's against the Warriors. Gahan and Turner with two each, and Odom with one.
- Odom and Gahan each homered against ECSU.
- Alix DeDreu and Whitney Quillen both connected for a double.
- Gahan, DeDreu, and Odom each recorded two hits in the game, while Quillen and Turner recorded one hit each.
- In the Wash U game, the Saints and Bears matched each other run for run all the way into the final inning, where the Saints scored the game-winning run.
- DeDreu was on the mound, facing 32 batters, allowing eight hits for four runs and 10 strikeouts.
- DeDreu led the team with three hits in the game.
- Odom recorded two and Quillen, Gahan, and Morgan Wells each recorded one.
- The Saints had the 9-8 advantage in hits over the Bears.
- DeDreu, Wells, Gahan, and Odom each recorded an RBI.
- Kenzi Dickerson and Gahan both recorded a sacrifice hit.
- The Avenging Angles come into tomorrow 2-8 on the season, coming off a win over Carnegie Mellon on Tuesday.
- Meredith comes in with a .241 batting average and a .299 slugging percentage.
- The Avenging Angles have recorded 54 hits on the season for 21 runs, seven doubles, 19 RBI's, and two home runs.
- Kelsey Mabe leads the team with 10 hits so far this season for two doubles.
- The Warriors come into tomorrow 5-1 on the season, coming off a 1-0 loss against Olivet on Tuesday.
- Wis. Lutheran comes in with a .337 batting average and a .423 slugging percentage.
- The Warriors have recorded 55 hits on the season, for 37 runs, seven doubles, two triples, and one home run.
- Karah Ritacco leads the team with 10 hits on the season for one double and one triple.
- Follow along all season with Saints softball on Twitter and Instagram (@TMU_Softball)
- Follow all of Thomas More's teams on Twitter and Instagram (@tmusaints) and Facebook (Thomas More Saints).
- The Saints compete in day four of competitions on Friday, taking on Ill. Wesleyan and Southern Maine.