(CRESTVIEW HILLS, Ky.) - The Thomas More 2019 softball team opens its season this weekend at the Pio Classic games hosted by Transylvania in Lexington, Ky. The Saints will take on Case Western Reserve on Saturday at 11 a.m. and Transylvania at 4 p.m.
- Head Coach Lindsay Eagan returns at the helm of the Saints again this season, alongside Pat Eagan and Dallis Knotts.
- Eagan is in her 11th season with Thomas More, never having a losing season, making seven NCAA appearances, and winning six conference championships.
- The Saints have 11 returners from last season, and brought in 13 newcomers to the squad.
- Of those 11 returners, six of them are seniors.
- Mary Beth Odom returns this season after playing in 48 games for the Saints last season. She batted .254 with eight doubles, 11 home runs, 34 RBI's, and 28 runs scored last season. Odom was named first team All-PAC.
- Hannah Sprague returns to the mound again this season after playing in 22 games last season. She started 17 games, pitching 96.2 innings, allowing 69 runs, ending the season with a 3.48 ERA.
- Jessica Verst returns this season after being injured last season.
- Morgan Wells also returns this season, after playing in 29 games for the Saints last season. She finished the season batting .241 with 14 hits, five RBI's, and scored three runs.
- Whitney Quillen returns this season after playing in 13 games for the Saints last year. She batted .300 with two doubles, two RBI's and five runs scored.
- Alix DeDreu returns to the mound for her final season. Last season, DeDreu recorded 24 compelete games for six shut-outs, 178 strikeouts, and 177.2 innings pitched last season. She also made an appearance at the plate 170 times for 55 hits to go for 11 doubles, one triple, and one homerun. DeDreu was named first team All-PAC, and NFCA All-Region last season.
CASE WESTERN RESERVE
- This weekend will be the Spartan's first games of the season.
- CWR went 38-12 last season, falling to Luther in the NCAA Tournament.
- This weekend will open the Pioneers' season as well.
- Last season, Transy went 34-9, falling to Wesleyan in the regional round of the NCAA tournament, after taking down the Saints in the same round.
- Follow along all season with Saints softball on twitter and instagram (@TMU_Softball)
- Follow all of Thomas More's teams on twitter and instagram (@tmusaints) and facebook (Thomas More Saints).
- The Saints head to Florida for the Spring Games over Spring Break, Mar. 9-16.