(HIGHLAND HEIGHTS, Ky.) – The Thomas More University baseball team dropped a doubleheader to Ohio Wesleyan University on Saturday (March 2, 2019) at Bill Aker Baseball Complex in Highland Heights, Kentucky. The Saints fell to 2-4 and the Battling Bishops are 2-0.
- Ohio Wesleyan scored two in the first, two in the third, four in the fifth and four in the sixth, while holding Thomas More to six in the fourth and four in the fifth to post the 12-10 win.
- First-year second baseman Brett Benzinger (Taylor Mill, Ky./New Richmond) was two-for-four with two runs batted-in and a double.
- First-year third baseman Bailey Martin (Independence, Ky./Simon Kenton) was two-for-four with two runs scored.
- Sophomore pitcher Jordan Houze (Lawrenceburg, Ind./Lawrenceburg) had a no-decision as he pitched four and a third innings and gave up seven runs (all earned) on nine hits and struck out two.
- Sophomore pitcher Ty Grimes (Miamisburg, Ohio/Miamisburg) suffered the loss as he pitched one and two-thirds innings and gave up five runs (all earned) on seven hits.
- Ohio Wesleyan won the nightcap, 11-4, as it scored seven runs in the third, two in the fourth and two in the fifth, while holding the Saints to one run in the second and one in the third and two in the fourth.
- Senior designated hitter Sam Hauer (Cincinnati, Ohio/Elder) was two-for-five with a RBI at the plate.
- Junior catcher Matt Wellbrock (Cincinnati, Ohio/Elder) was two-for-three with two doubles, a RBI and a run scored.
- First-year first baseman Brennan Baker (Independence, Ky./Simon Kenton) was two-for-three with a run scored.
- Senior pitcher Jonathan Breeden (Erlanger, Ky./Dixie Heights) suffered the loss as he pitched three innings giving up seven runs (all earned) on nine hits.
- The Saints are scheduled to return to the diamond on Saturday (March 9) when they travel to Westfield, Indiana to play the University of Chicago in a doubleheader at Grand Park.
- First pitch is scheduled for 2:30 p.m.